Photography : Photo shoot at a Baul (বাউল)concert................'The man of my heart dwells inside me'








We went to a Bangladeshi concert arranged by a Bangladeshi group. Baul means a group of mystic minstrels from Bengal. The origin of Bauls is not known exactly, but the word "Baul" has appeared in Bengali texts as old as the 15th century. They are quite popular around the world now. Basically they tells about the borderless relations between people. I'm sharing one of their famous lyrics of all time with english translation. 


Amar praner manush achhé prané
Tai heri taye sakol khane
Achhe shé nayōntaray, alōk-dharay, tai na haraye--
Ogo tai dekhi taye jethay sethay
Taka-i ami jé dik-pané
The man of my heart dwells inside me.
Everywhere I behold, it's Him!
In my every sight, in the sparkle of light
Oh I can never lose Him --
Here, there and everywhere,
Wherever I turn, right in front is He


Comments

Popular Posts