Tareque Masud and his Clay Bird on the Runway

Tareque Masud was an award winning Bangladeshi independent film maker who won an award at Cannes for his film The Clay Bird (matir moyna) in 2002. He was born in 6 December 1956 and died in a car accident 13 August 2011.I was a big fan of him. After watching one of his best one 'The Clay Bird' in 2002 (when I was in school) I took decision that one day I'll be a film maker just like him.But now my luck directed me to a different world.I told my dad about my thinking and he was so happy about that plan of mine. Last year he died in a road accident. He was done with his latest film 'Runway' during that accident happened..





Recently I went to Bangladesh and watched the movie 'Runway' in Dhaka public library theater and they also arranged a walkthrough exhibition about his unfinished work which was really a creative action .The movie he made so beautifully,and the emotions were even real.But my most favorite from his list are 'Ontorjatra' and "clay Bird'. 'Ontorjatra' is all about the relationship between a mother and a son and how their relationship developed in a different way and the Clay Bird Set against the backdrop of the turbulent period in the late 60's leading up to Bangladesh's independence from Pakistan.This movie is almost his biography.





Along with 'Matir Moyna'poster I'm sharing few photos that I took over there.








Comments